Friday, February 26, 2010

The Box

It's here!!!

The box.And I have in my possession beautiful, beautiful ARCs about which I have bad and good news.

First, the bad:

I cannot show them to you.

Why?

Okay, this is part of the good.

Penguin is so excited about the cover (it really is beautiful) that they are doing a special 'Reveal' in March. I'm thrilled about this plan, but it also means that I have to keep the ARCs and the cover hidden until the Reveal takes place. (Yes I've decided that in this case Reveal should be a proper noun.)

More good:

In answer to Eric's question: What do you do with ARCs?A few things.
1) First I will be crouched over them, staring at and cuddling them, crooning "Yes, my preciousssssssss." I expect this to last about a day. Maybe two.Anyone attempting to interrupt said behavior risks dragon attack.

2) They will be bestowed upon my family and close friends whose labors of love made the ARCs' existence possible in the first place.
3) I will be holding Contests on the blog to give them away (these will begin AFTER the Reveal). So watch for future giveaways of signed Nightshade ARCs!!!
I still have fuzzy brain resulting from a lingering cold, but I think the mood boost created by the ARCs appearance will help me recover more quickly!

19 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAH! ARCS! I'm equal parts thrilled for and jealous of you!!!

    I think the "precious" aspect should last at least four days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say I hate you, in a really loving you're the best crit partner any one could ever ask for way?

    Eyeballs are going to pop when you finally get to show your cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, my name is in lights on Andrea's blog. Oh...sorry, just enjoying my 5 seconds of fame :)

    Congrats on the reveal though. That is really cool. I will definitely be entering any contests in hopes of winning a copy. If I don't though, I'll run out and buy one anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is so effing cool for you!

    And, Very excited to see the cover. I like the idea of a kind of ceremonial, hyping up, delayed gratification thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thrilled for you. Can't wait for the cover and contests.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome.

    I really can't wait to see the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting!!!
    I can't wait to see the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much you guys. Eric - I can't believe I forgot to set up a link to your blog. That will be corrected right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats great! I hope they send one for the Tour Site!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sooooooooooo happy for you : ) It's been a pleasure to observe your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it odd that such life changing items can still be shipped in regular ol' brown boxes? Shouldn't they come in bright, neon, flashy boxes? Or boxes wrapped in Christmas paper? Maybe a box that provides a drumroll when you open it....

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHHHH! So exciting! I can't wait for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting! I can't wait to see the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh it's such a pretty box--all brown and labeled. Take it to your lair. You earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I can't wait to see the cover! It's almost March so that's good... but there are 31 days in March...Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy for you!

    I love when the box arrives!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  17. What exactly does ARC stand for? Advance Copy or something, right? I would LOVE to have a signed copy of your book. Can't wait for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for killing me with suspense. I hope you don't mind if I rise from the grave just so I can see what your cover looks like.

    Or something.

    But seriously? SO EXCITING!!!!

    ReplyDelete