Monday, October 18, 2010

No Book is an Island

In the summer of 2009 I got the call that Michael Green at Philomel wanted my book. I think I may have blacked out for a second or two. I managed to contain myself because I was on the phone with Agent Richard and was, at that point, still concerned that I not be too weird around my agents.

Fast forward: October 2010

Tomorrow my debut novel, Nightshade, hits stores. Agent Richard and Agent Charlie now both now how absolutely crazy I am and seem to like me anyway. Michael Green is still my hero and Jill Santopolo, my editor, is not only brilliant - she's also my friend.

Nightshade started at Penguin but it's making it's way around the world thanks to Foreign Agent Lyndsey who is an absolute star.

I've had the chance to travel all over the country meeting librarians, booksellers, and readers and each place I've been makes me more thrilled about my book's release date. And the more I'm drawn into the writing and publishing world, the more I know this is a collaborative work of love and I am deeply indebted to Penguin, Inkwell, librarians, booksellers, and fans for bringing Nightshade to the wider world.

I will never have enough thanks. The Nightshade pack is growing - thank you for running wild with me.

16 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nightshade was one of the best books I have ever read. & tomorrow is definitely one of the most important dates. Ever. ;)
    We love you!♥
    Sarah
    ....I think its time to read it again....

    ReplyDelete
  3. *howling* I don't need a moon to be pumped up. Yay, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine how excited you must be right now, just a day away from your very own novel hitting stores!!
    *awesomeness*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're nothing but class, lady. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Book Birthday! Congratulations on a job very well done. I enjoyed Nightshade and Can. Not. Wait. for Wolfsbane. Best wishes for a fantabulous release! (Of course, you don't need that, you've already had a great one, but more good things still to come...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been such a joy to be part of the NIGHTSHADE pack!

    xoxo, Jill The Editor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy book birthday for tomorrow! Congrats!!! Cant wait to read it but its not released here in Ireland till December :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Happy (early) book birthday!!! I'll be sure to go to the bookstore and get a picture of it "in the wild"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! So many people I know are so excited to buy/read Nightshade! And just an FYI, I saw quite a number of people walking around with your book at the festival! It made me happy. Haha

    Anyway, congrats! Tomorrow will be a great day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Andrea! You certainly deserve all the success that has and will come your way. It has been wonderful to watch Nightshade's popularity grow, and my family and I wish you nothing but the best! Hope to see you soon!

    ~DJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats so cool! Good luck with your release date tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you, m'dear. So thrilled that one of my fav books of all time will be out there in the world =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have wanted to read this book all year =) I'm also doing a giveaway on my blog! Wanted to say thanks again for the Author Miniview you provided, and super, super congratulations on all your success!Happy Release Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had to pop by and wish you a very happy release day! I LOVED Nightshade and am so happy that you (and the lovely people who worked to bring your work to the rest of us) were able to share your story with we readers. :) Summer 2011 is far too long to wait for Wolfsbane but I suppose I can try to behave until then. ;)

    ReplyDelete