Monday, October 25, 2010

In the News

So Nightshade has been in stores for about a week and for five days of that week I was at home with the flu. I'm finally making my way back into the world and getting to see and hear fun book buzz.

I had my first television appearance on KARE 11's Showcase Minnesota. And the St. Paul Pioneer Press featured Nightshade in their Sunday Life section.

I've been getting wonderful emails from readers - thank you so much for sending them. And I just learned that a Nightshade fan site is being created!!!

Check it out: http://nightshadenexus.com/

I've also had the chance to do some stock signings so if you're around Minneapolis you can find signed copies of Nightshade at Bookcase of Wayzata, the Borders at Rosedale, and Barnes and Noble at the Mall of America. I'll be signing stock at Borders Woodbury tomorrow.

Remember you have two days left to send me photos of Nightshade in the wild to be entered in the Mister Wolf prize pack contest.

And this Friday is the big day - Nightshade's official launch party at the Red Balloon Bookshop in St. Paul at 7:00 p.m. featuring a costume contest with special guest Shay Doran! I got my costume today and I am super excited about it - I think it may be one of my best ever!!! (Won't reveal what it is 'til after I have pics from the party.)

11 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and NIGHTHSADE's release. :]

    You're awesomely awesome. <--Yeah, I JUST said that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ONE time I decided to leave MN "for good," this is what happens. I envy everyone who will get to see you in person.

    Have fun and congratscongratscongrats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could be there!! Nightshade is fabulous! YOU are fabulous! All the praise is well deserved! Glad you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shay?!?! I wish I could make it!

    Love Nightshade, read the ARC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cool that Shay's gonna be there! Even more of a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. im in MN and i cant go....ugh. too far away for i dont have a car. i hope u come to mall of america for one of your signings, if so ill so be there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If Ren was going to be there I would drive all the way from Kentucky to get there! J/K, although I am team Ren, that is not a joke!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, long time no chat. I just picked up your book today! Very excited to read it. I remember trying to find it about a year ago and you had told me I was a little early, so I've been waiting for about 1 year haha.

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're feeling better! That's so exciting about the fansite! It looks like it's going to be great! I love the design =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Void - Nice seeing you again! And thanks for picking up the book after the long wait ;)

    ReplyDelete