Monday, October 4, 2010

Booksellers Rule!

You'll be seeing me here and there on the blogosphere as we're within two weeks of Nightshade's publication. (TWO WEEKS!!!!! The waiting is killing me!)
So I don't go mad, I'm going to focus on things that make me happy. Talking to people about Nightshade makes me very happy and I'm getting to do a lot of that lately.

Last weekend I was thrilled to participate in Anderson's YA conference in Naperville, Illinois. But my events kicked off before the conference began.

First I got to meet amazing readers at a pre-publication dinner.

They let me talk a lot

And we had so much fun (and delicious chocolate cake!)

The next day I visited schools. Despite my trip to the principal's office, I had an incredible time talking with students.

And they gave me flowers! Wow!
Then it was on to the conference. I love writing/book conferences because it means I get to hang out with other authors. YA authors are ridiculously fun to hang out with. I finally got to meet Kiersten White, who has been my 'virtual' friend for a while now. I love Kiersten! Her book, Paranormalcy, hit the NY Times bestseller list. Congrats, Kiersten!!

I also got to hang out with the super awesome David Levithan and John Green. I was on a panel with Antony John - his book Five Flavors of Dumb is fabulous - and Kirsten Miller (you've already heard me rave about Eternal Ones).
The next two weeks I'm heading to Michigan and Texas to talk more about Nightshade. Thank goodness. I need the distraction. Waiting is so hard!

11 comments:

  1. *is green with envy*

    Conferences are awesome. I had fun at the one I went to in Denver and hope to go to more in the future, and more outside of Colorado (there usually aren't any in Wyoming).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a lot of fun! It was so great to meet you and then enjoy Nightshade as much as I did! Anderson's was my first con and wow they are insane! See you at GLIBA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! So excited for the release of Nightshade too! ...you should come talk in Orono...hint...hint... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, do you know from where Kiersten acquired her FICTIONAL CHARACTER T-shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally, I can't wait for this officially to be out!! My mom went to Andersons and had a blast getting all her books signed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone :) It was such an awesome trip. Tez - I'll ask her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you well.

    Does making it mean having to get up in front of crowds like that??? If so, I never will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yvonne - I love public speak (which I know makes me a freak of nature), but my publisher knows I'm happy for them to set up events like this for me. If you hate them I'm pretty sure publishers take that into account too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tez--I got it at Changing Hands, an indie bookstore in Tempe, Arizona. I'm sure you can order them online!

    Andrea--Next time we need to actually have TIME. You are lovely and wonderful and I adore you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kiersten - Right back at ya, sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete