Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

(No this is not my house, I just wish I'd had the energy to make this lovely setting)

The rituals:

Morning - Watching Halloween episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, South Park, and Simpsons whilst lounging in bathrobe and sipping coffee
Afternoon - prep for harvest feast, carve pumpkins (why can I never manage to get this done before Halloween!)

Evening - friends arrive for harvest feast, dogs forced into costumes (I'll have about 1 minute to snap photos before they are shredded), candy to trick or treaters

Night - Scary movie-a-thon! On the docket: Carrie, The Craft, Rosemary's Baby, Night of the Living Dead, Donnie Darko

What will you be doing this Halloween?

3 comments:

  1. Somewhat similiar to you. I carved my pumpkin last night, took its picture at midnight and posted it on my blog this morning (Let me know what you think. I loooove my pumpkin). I usually watch Buffy Halloween eps while awaiting the sluggish trail of trick-or-treaters. This neighborhood doesn't get a flood of costumed hordes. Happy fun day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your morning ritual. We're trying to decide whether to go get pumpkins to carve right now. Tonight will be a Halloween party and trunk-or-treat. (Most neighborhoods don't "do" trick-or-treating around here.) Tonight, the husband and I will catch up on all the "Halloween" episodes played this week.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna come to your house. My Halloween is dominated by my son, the birthday boy. So we had a lot of gift wrap and mass chaos in our house.

    Note: This is not meant to sound like I do not enjoy son's birthday in the least. I just want to watch Buffy and The Craft.

    ReplyDelete