Sunday, March 29, 2009

When it Rains...

Within 24 hours of the call I had another agent interested in the novel, when I told her I'd accepted representation from another agency she said she was sorry she hadn't read my submission earlier because I was a "damn fine writer."

Wow. I'm all glitter and bells right now.

I subjected my husband, Will, to the Twilight DVD, which he found mildly amusing. He had a great take on the Bella discovers Edward's true identity dialogue:

Bella: Your skin is pale white and ice cold...sometimes you talk like you're from another time...I know what you are...

Edward: Say it. Out loud. Say it.

Will: You're a grad student

Touche.

Speaking of movie anticipation - I'm loving the trailer for Spike Jonze's _Where the Wild Things Are_.

A number of folks have said they're worried it won't be like the book. It's clear to me that the film will NOT be like the book, but that's why I think it has so much promise. The narrative is about joy, loss of innocence, and the wildness of children's imaginations. I think it will be a wonderful interpretation of the spirit of Maurice Sendak's classic children's book.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about the wild things trailer. Clearly it can't be be like the book... I read the book to Fiona all the time and it only takes about three minutes! That would be the worst movie ever! But the trailer gave me chills. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 100% on board with both of you on the Where the Wild Things Are movie.....definitely got chills, even teared up......sooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete