Thursday, September 9, 2010

Buzz!!

Holy Hand Grenades! I blinked and somehow passed 400 followers!! Heya everyone and thanks for being here :)

I hope you enjoyed all the fun hearing about Brenna Yovanoff's awesome debut The Replacement!

Now that it's September, we're in the final countdown to Nightshade's arrival. Eek!! And woo-hoo! I cannot wait 'til October 19.



I'd be worried that I won't be able to handle the waiting - patience is not a virtue I can claim. Fortunately I'm really, really busy until the release date. If you're looking for something to do and want to say hey I'll be at Anderson's YA Conference in Naperville, Illinois, the Great Lakes Independent Book Sellers Association Conference in Dearborn, Michigan, and the Texas Book Festival in Austin!

It all leads up to the Nightshade release party on October 29. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am that we're having the party Halloween weekend. Halloween is my favorite holiday and has incredible significance to Nightshade's plot.

The party is at the Red Balloon Bookshop in St. Paul and of course you're all invited. We'll have cake and libations AND a literary costume contest.

Plus, there's a special guest of honor: Shay!
That's right. If you haven't heard yet. Shay Doran has stepped out of Nightshade's pages and is spending some time with us in the real world. And he's coming to my party. Hooray!

If you can't make it to St. Paul, you can still meet Shay, comment on his blog, send him Facebook messages, and even text him. Check out www.shaydoran.com for details.

Shay's trying to adjust to life in his new home, Rowan Estate, and it's not going very well. Too many things that go bump in the night aren't letting him get settled in. He's going to need your help figuring out how to deal with the weirdness. And if you help him, you have a chance to become part of Nightshade's world. Shay's adventures over the next six weeks will become part of the official Nightshade prequel I'm writing: Shadow Days. Stay tuned for more details and be sure to keep Shay company!

Welcome again to my new followers, thanks for being here - exciting times ahead!

4 comments:

  1. The bum still hasn't texted me back. Maybe I look creepy or something. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Love that Shay's on fb!! Awesome news all around and I can hardly wait to read NIGHTSHADE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, perhaps the ghosts are blocking his texts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. woot congrats :D busy now but might stalk him later hoho

    ReplyDelete