Friday, December 18, 2009

My Better Half

No, not my husband (though he's wonderful, too) - my editor: Jill Santopolo.

Due to the great success of Unofficial Official Agent Day, the writing world has issued a call to celebrate Editor Appreciation Day. Huzzah!!

I'm delighted to have the opportunity to do wave my pom-poms in celebration of my fabulous editor, or better yet give a super cheer NIGHTSHADE style!
Jill has been such a joy to work with. Insightful, considerate and encouraging, she is a brilliant editor. Jill is also a writer who understands the ups and downs of creating a novel. She's compassionate about how deeply tied I am to my story and characters, and I know she loves my them too and wants them to be their absolute best! She's a fantastic person - a blast to chat with and chock full of mad skills when it comes to bringing a writer's vision to life, overcoming all obstacles that arise.


Thanks, Jill, for being my partner and friend in this thrilling journey!

9 comments:

  1. My post is about the value of editing today. Yeah, Jill Santopolo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill sent me a lovely rejection several months ago, the kind you can work from. Yay, Jill Santopolo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed at myself, cuz I went to the Barnes and Noble near my home and tried to lookup Nightshade, then realized, oh yah, it's not out yet :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice post! I'm very excited about working with a good editor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! Lol Void, I appreciate the gesture nonetheless. This time next year that won't be a problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on having a great editor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah for great editors! I love mine big-time too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this beautiful post, Andrea. Working with you on NIGHTSHADE has been so much fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for the comments, and thanks especially Jill for stopping by :) You're the best!

    ReplyDelete